Sunday, August 8, 2010

Goal Setting 101

Youth lesson tonight on goal-setting and I heard "sacred echoes" for my own life. Based on James 4:13-16 ~ goals are good to have, as long as God is glorified and main priority. My plans (up to this point) have been disappointing because I forgot a major Truth: God fully exists and His will be done; the future is in his hands.

How could I forget this? Rather, Lord please forgive my stubborn, self-centered plans...they obviously failed because You were not my focus. I pray for grace and forgiveness - and another chance. (insert do-over button here, please)

Open doors that I have not seen; illuminate paths I've been too hesitant to trek...show me your way. Your will be done.

Ecclesiastes 7:8 - patience is better than pride. To finish what we start takes hard work, wise guidance, self-discipline, and patience. Anyone can start a project, but vision without wisdom results in unfinished projects and goals.

What are your goals? Have you ever felt like you were on the wrong path and going in the wrong direction? How did you rearrange your route? Are you confident in your decision? Do you have an unfinished project that you would like to begin again?

No comments:

Post a Comment