Saturday, December 26, 2009

Retail therapy...and Cameron

The alarm went off at 8:00 a.m. and I layed there thinking, "Do I really want to get out of this warm cocoon and fight the shopping crowds?" Hmmmm......I changed clothes and put my shoes on. Here goes nothing:

I drove by Target I was surprised because there weren't too many cars. When I get to Kohls, I honestly thought I was too early and the place was still closed. But the doors were open and so I entered. It was strangely quiet for a retail stores on the day after Christmas, where is everybody??? Seriously, there had to have been less than 20 people in the entire store - it was like I had the place to myself!

I purchased a collection of photo frames (enough for the entire year!), summer clothes for Cameron, pajama pants for myself, and candles. The frames are for the family wall in the living room and entry but they make great gifts throughout the year for friends and family when I have photographs. I'm already thinking about birthdays and anniversaries, Mother's Day, Father's Day and grandparent's day. I also have professional pictures from Olan Mills (for the church directory) that I will send to my family in Kentucky with a frame.



Olan Mills photography

Cameron's clothes were hard to find but well worth the search. Kohl's had very few spring/summer items available, but what they had in size 2T was just what I was looking for. Cameron will have several outfits from Aunt Nicole and Uncle Kevin for a late Christmas and early birthday present. I also found him sports-theme jacket hooks for his bedroom. It's a super cute set that includes a baseball, basketball, and football.

I guess I should introduce Cameron. He's the son of our wonderful and dear friends, Neama and Stephanie, and was born March 23, 2008. Cameron is truly like a nephew to me, I love him so much. I was so excited when Stephanie announced her pregnancy; I jumped and screamed for an hour! Having the opportunity to be a part of Stephanie's pregnancy was one of the most incredible experiences of my life; and I will never, EVER forget the night Cameron was born. I cried, I laughed, I jumped for joy, and then I cried some more. I'm just a "little" partial, but I think he's one of the cutest kids on the planet!!!!!!!



Cameron lounging in Mexico - 16 months old


Cameron - 5 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment