Friday, December 25, 2009

Hutchison Christmas

I had intended to make this post early this morning but I'm so glad I didn't because my attitude was fowl, my mood was Grinch-like, and I was not thinking positive thoughts about the current weather conditions. For the first time in 83 years, North Texas had it's first white Christmas - that's right, we had nearly two-inches of SNOW and quite a bit of ice. I went to Christmas Eve service at church last night and the roads were nasty; luckily, I only live about a mile away. At 8:30 this morning, the sun was shining bright and the ice and snow were glittering. Why didn't I take a couple snapshots? I'll never know...believe me, it was gorgeous!!!

Fast-forward an hour or two: Kevin and I loaded the Dodge and headed for East Texas, Point to be exact. We left later than planned, but better late than never for Christmas celebration with the family! The roads and interstate were mostly clear, except for the overpasses and shaded areas. In fact, it was very annoying when we were going 65 mph and then cars in front of us would slam on their brakes as we approached an overpass - - LEARN HOW TO DRIVE IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!

We made it to Kevin's parent's house in Point a few minutes after noon and, wouldn't ya know, they were finished eating - - what the heck?!?!?! They told us they were eating a noon, so much for that! After warming up leftovers for me, we sat at the table while the rest of them stared at us. Ahhh......I love family meals!

Kris, Lisa, Cason, and Lauren arrived from Lisa's family celebrations and the kids were anxiously awaiting the time to open more presents. I took tons of pictures, but I'm sparing you the time and only sharing a few:



Lauren and Uncle Kevin opening presents


Cason's new wheels: Radio Flyer Scooter


Cason's facial expression is priceless!


Chad's housewarming gift: cookware!!!


MaMaw, Cason, and Lisa


Uncle Chad and Cason opening the big John Deere tractor!


Lauren really likes her M&M dispenser!


Proud Paw-Paw with Cason


Tickle her!!!!! Cason with MaMaw

This is absolutely my most favorite time of year: the Christmas story, family, food, and lots of laughter. Besides, "National Lampoon Christmas Vacation" continuously plays for like 48 hours and it's awesome!!! A big thank-you to Kevin's parents for the great presents: gift cards and clothes. Cason and Lauren made homemade ornaments, they're precious and adorable and perfect!

Now, for the big question of the night: do I dare get out of my warm bed early tomorrow morning and fight the lines and overcrowded retail shops for some post-holiday shopping??? Hmmmmm................

No comments:

Post a Comment