Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's snowing at Ropin' H Ranch

Texas climate is a strange thing. Yesterday's high was 75, today it is 30. It's also blistering cold with a 40 mph north wind, plus it's SNOWING!!!!!!!!!! Amazing...








This is pretty crazy, I never thought we would have a white Christmas. The weather forecast for tomorrow is the same: cold, windy, and chance of snow. The horses are tucked in the barn with their blankets on. Curtis is the only smart one, he's been inside all day. Blue, on the other hand, had to be tricked. That horse is strange, he'll stand out in the snow or pouring rain, but he rarely uses the "penthouse" barn available. With the high winds and blistering chill, Kevin corralled Blue in the barn so he could eat and dry off. That's the last thing we need, a frozen horse!!!!

I'm almost ready for our trip to Point tomorrow. With my food allergy, I have to prepare my own meal. For tomorrow, I'm taking chicken strips and green bean casserole (that's our dinner for tonight!) along with pasta salad and shrimp cocktail. I made the salad this afternoon and the shrimp is boiled, peeled, and deveined ready to go! I put extra cayenne pepper in the shrimp, a little extra spice for Christmas Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment