Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Eve

I'm watching "The Nativity Story" and in awe of God's wonder and magnificant grace. The birth story, how beautiful it is; the more you learn, the more to know, and the more there is to understand.

Kevin and I enjoyed a very lazy day at home on this Christmas Eve eve. We finally got out of our pajamas this evening for dinner at SpringCreek BBQ and a trip to Tractor Supply and Home Depot. I was glad to get back home to shower and wrap in my Snuggie! The temperature today was 75, tomorrow's high is 35 with a 25 mph north wind and wind chills in the low 20s to high teens.....BRRRRR!!!!! But it's Christmastime, it should be chilly even if we don't get any snow.

Tomorrow I have to get off my lazy bones and finish laundry, fix dinner, and prepare for Christmas Eve services at church. I also need to wrap presents before we head to East Texas for Christmas Day lunch with Kevin's family. With my food allergy, I have to take my own dishes to eat for lunch. I'm thinking about a chicken dish or perhaps a pasta salad with fresh vegetables. I also have a bag of shrimp in the freezer that would be perfect for shrimp cocktail. Hmmm.......decisions, decisions!

May the true spirit of Christmas be with you and yours, many blessings for a season of joy and thanksgiving.

Mrs. H

No comments:

Post a Comment