Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Say a little prayer

I'm asking for extra prayers for my aunt, Kathy. She had lap-band surgery a week ago and is having serious complications with stomach inflammation and naucous. She's been in and out of the hospital since Christmas Eve, and my other aunt, Georgia, is taking her back to the hospital this afternoon. I pray that whatever is wrong will be healed. We're praying for you Aunt Kathy, we love you! And thanks Aunt Georgia for taking care of her. :o)

I love my good and wonderful friends, Neama and Steph, but sometimes Neama just needs a swift kick in the nads - - - that would be the ball sack, the boys, or testicles for anyone confused. He's the cheapest man I know. When he flies, he does so via stand-by. Granted it's cheap, but DAMN my time is worth more than sitting at an airport for hours on end. Neama, Steph, and Cameron have been at Pittsburgh's airport more than 12 hours trying to get on a flight back to Dallas. I'm saying a prayer for them, for safe travel and patience with a 20-month-old!!!!!!!

It's beginning to snow again, we're supposed to have "wintry mix" the rest of the day and night, maybe 1-3 inches of accumulation.............Good luck, Monajami's!!!!!!!!



Before (@ 2:00)



After (@ 4:30)

I've surfed the web, folded laundry, and read until my eyes are almost crossed and my butt was going numb...what else to do on a snowy day? COOK! I made buckeye balls this afternoon. Yeah, so much for this diet I'm supposed to be on. Oh wait, I don't think Oprah uses the word "diet," but rather lifestyle change. Oh well, it's not 2010 yet. They're really tasty though, and 100% dairy-free!!!!!!!


Mmmmm!!!!!

8:15 pm - - Neama, Stephanie, and Cameron are en route to DFW Airport; Kevin and I are going to pick them up at the airport about 10:30 tonight. What are friends for?!?!?!

I'm prepping for a big New Years' weekend at Ropin' H Ranch too. I'm having dinner New years Eve with Neama, Steph, Cameron, and Heather - a friend originally from KY who now lives in Houston. We're going to have a ton of fun playing cards, board games, and watching the big ball drop in 2010. On New Years' Day, Kevin is roping in Alvarado. Heather is a single lady - all the single ladies!!! - so we are going to find her a cowboy, preferably a header teamroper!!!! hahahaha

New Years Eve Menu:
Spinach & Apple Salad with Maple Bacon Vinegarette
Spice Rub Marinated Pork Loin
Sauteed Green Beans and Potatoes
Yeast Rolls
Orange Juice Bundt Cake
Brownies
Buckeye Balls *see recipe below!!

BUCKEYE BALLS (makes about 7 dozen)
16 oz. creamy peanut butter
1 cup butter, softened
16 oz. powdered sugar
12 oz. chocolate chips
2 Tbsp shortening

With mixer on medium speed, combine peanut butter and butter until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar until blended. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls; place on waxed paper and chill until firm, about one hour.

In double-boiler or microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and shortening, stirring often. With a toothpick, dip each ball in the chocolate until partially coated. Place on waxed paper; chill until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment