Sunday, January 24, 2010

Busy doing nothing

What a delightful, successful, and hopeful day. I've accomplished exactly what I set out to do: NOTHING!!!! And it feels so wonderful. :)

Went to church this morning and enjoyed a marvelous service by Rev. Bob Holloway, the District Superindentent. Rev. Lara and several members of FUMC-Joshua going to the Holy Land left early this morning for their adventure from Dallas/Fort Worth to Atlanta, then JFK in New York, before finally boarding a plane to Israel. I have no idea how long the flight is, but I'd have to have some serious books to read and possibly a sleeping pill or two (or three!) for that extensive duration!!!! I might need a suitcase just for the reading material. My prayers are with them that God will keep them safe and wish I could join them on such an amazing trip - maybe next time! Follow Rev. L and the "pilgrims" through her blog "Joshua in the Land of Jesus" at http://fumcjoshua.blogspot.com/.

I began a new journaling series yesterday with the book Mastering the Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success by Andy Andrews. More on that later...

After eating a leftover lunch (kudos for chicken and vegetable kabobs, I made mini-sandwiches with the chicken and added the veggies to my spinach salad - YUMMY!), I settled onto the couch for a lazy afternoon of reading The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck. The teacher in me is escaping wildly; besides the usual highlighting, underlining, and note-taking, I started a vocabulary word list from each chapter -  PITIFUL!!!!!!! I hardly doubt this is a book that I would study with middle school students, but hey, it never hurts to be prepared. I'm all about expanding horizons, I'm really excited about this book. So far, so good.

The Indianapolis Colts successfully rushed past the New York Jets and are headed to Miami for the Super Bowl in two weeks. Even if it was a more exciting football game, I was too engrossed with my literature to notice the TV was even on. Kevin and Neama were in the garage with the jet-skis and I was happy-as-a-lark on the couch with a book! However, this Minnesota (Vikings) vs. New Orleans (Saints) game is tied just a minute before halftime, I like the games that are close decisions. Back to the Super Bowl, should I host a party? I'm thinking about it, just to give me another excuse to cook for a group of friends! I'm getting into this hostess-with-the-mostess mentality - y'all come on over!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom is doing better and continuing to improve daily. My aunts and Mom's sisters, Georgia and Kathy, spent the weekend with her and she thoroughly enjoyed the company. I wish I had been there for the party and card-games!!!!

My allergy outbreak is beginning to improve, I hope the worse of the reaction is over and my body begins to heal. I'm working at Academy in Burleson most of this week, except for Thursday when I'll be at Hughes Middle School, also in Burleson. I'm excited, these are great schools with wonderful students. And, I am also praying for an opportunity to speak with administrators about teaching openings for the 2010-11 school year. Somebody hire me, please!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment