Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I need an "easy" button

Where is my "easy" button for milk allergy outbreaks? I don't want an easy button for life, because that would be asking for WAY too much...but the ability to take a pill or drink a crazy concoction would be fantastic.

The awesome, amazing, and wonderful Bread Lady (hey Carol M!!!) recommended sauerkrat juice, I'm desperate and willing to try anything. Del Monte here I come................

I've never considered it before, but imagine for a moment a cheese grater and the flesh on your throat, esophagus, and intestines......not to pleasant, huh? Well, that's what I feel in my mouth, palette, and stomach with this latest milk allergy outbreak.


I have no idea exactly what I ingested, but GOSH it must've been a whole lot. The outbreaks can last anywhere from a couple of days to over a month, depending on the amount of milk (or milk byproduct) I consumed. Currently, I'm on day 8 with no signs of relief in sight. Have I mentioned how much I really dislike milk? I mean absolutely NO disrespect to the dairy farmers, but those cows are nothing but poison to me.


I wish I had my Mom. Seriously. Not that the pain would cease, but I'm a baby when I don't feel good and a good dose of Motherly Love would be so wonderfully spectacular right about now. If it didn't hurt so bad to talk, I'd call her right now.


You want to here something funny.....Kevin and I conversed last night via Post-It notes. I'm not kidding. I was so tired and barely had a voice, so we wrote notes back and forth to each other. How sweet is my hubby?!?!



And, last but CERTAINLY not least, I'm sending a big shout out to Miss Kentucky Mallory Ervin. She's in Las Vegas this week preparing for Miss America 2010. I'm so proud of her, so happy for her and the entire family. I love them so much. I really wanted to be in Vegas this weekend, but circumstances prevent. But you can bet I'll be watching TLC this Saturday, January 30th - GO MISS KENTUCKY!!!!!!!!!


GOOD LUCK, MALLORY - we love you in Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment