Saturday, January 30, 2010

Have you ever....

known someone that was so spectacular, awesome, amazing, talented, and blessed beyond imagination that you can't help but to love and wish the best for them? Well, I say to Mallory Ervin: you are still a winner for Kentucky! Even though she didn't win the 2010 Miss America crown - which totally sucks and I'm honestly bummed - Mallory is beautiful, talented, and oh-so-amazingly-blessed by God with many special gifts that she WILL use constructively and positively and for the betterment of this world. I know Mallory, and I know that getting 4th runner-up will NOT slow her down. She did fantastic at tonight's pagaent in Las Vegas. I'm so proud of you Mal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK so it's nearly 11:00 on this chilly Saturday night and I have accomplished absolutely, positively nothing today! Kevin asked me yesterday what I wanted to do this weekend and I specifically said, "I'm sleeping till noon, staying in my pajamas all day, and will watch Mallory in the Miss America pagaent on TLC." Well, that's what happened today - seriously. Kevin did decide it was his night to "cook" so we ate dinner at SpringCreek BBQ, which meant I had to change clothes for the occasion.....and apply deodorant.

Tomorrow holds a morning of Sunday School and church then a trip to Wal-Mart for groceries. The pantry is seriously bare, we're even out of bread. It's nearly time to call the Peace Corps. I'm only working a half-day on Monday this coming week, so I'll have plenty of time to rest, relax, and prepare dinner for my wonderful husband. Who knows, we might even go to the Fort Worth Stock Show one evening. On Friday, we're driving to the in-law's to visit and pickup the steer meat. Welcome 300+ lbs of fresh, grass-fed BEEF....it's what's for dinner! Seriously, this is a huge difference between store-bought and the fresh stuff.

Good news on the employment radar: Beginning February 8th, I am the reading tutor for 8th graders at Hughes Middle School in Burleson. It's a great opportunity for me. I'm looking forward to working with middle school students, getting to know the English/Language Arts (ELA) teachers, and gaining much-needed experience. I pray for God's blessing and guidance, and for patience and compassion.....I'm hopeful this will lead to a full-time position too!

May the grace of God be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment