Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ponderings

Yesterday was quite the adventure....not that Kevin and I did anything adventorous, but it was an eventful day nonetheless. We both had dentist appointments yesterday morning - his at 10:00, mine at 10:30 - and we are now searching for a new tooth doctor. Kevin doesn't like the "chatty-ness" of this dentist and I don't like the hygentist's manner with my allergy outbreak. I told her 57 times yesterday that it was not Strep throat, and also, PLEASE, do not use that sharp metal pick on open, very painful, ulcers in my mouth and on my palette - she was stabbing me like I was a piece of overcooked beef. And don't even get me started on the receptionist.......she's another word that rhymes with "witch." At least we both had good reports: No Cavities!

Neama came over to the house within minutes of Kevin and I arriving from the dentist's office. We went to Subway to grab sandwiches for lunch. The three of us walk out of Subway with the following: Kevin - meatball; Nicole - turkey; and Neama - turkey and ham. But we paid for a ham and cheese, tuna, and club sandwich. We (sincerely) tried to correct the cashier's mistake, but it only got worse as she did not speak English and we do not speak Spanish. Our attempts to "make it right" failed miserably and we left Subway (smiling) with really cheap sandwiches.

The Boys (that would be Kevin and Neama) messed with the jet-skis for a couple of hours - I won't go into the details of their next business venture - and I worked on resumes. Ahhhh, the wonderful world of resumes, cover letters, and the pitiful attempt to scream, "HIRE ME!" in the most respectful, thoughtful, grab-their-attention and mature way with words on paper. I've revised my resume about six times since August, but I think I may have found the format that works for my teaching and professional experiences in the world we call life. I'm grateful that I had the opportunity to work in Fort Worth as a longterm substitute, I think it "beefed" up my resume quite a bit. And, as miserable as I was at my former position, I can script a fantastic job description!!!!! In all, there are 35 envelopes ready to go to the post office today. It's quite a stack:



Mailing 35 resumes to local school districts

I am sending a cover letter and resume to 35 local elementary and middle schools located in the Fort Worth, Joshua, Crowley, Godley, and Burleson school districts. Of course there are more schools in Fort Worth ISD, but I'm trying to stay as close to home as possible. This is round one, and it doesn't not include Cleburne. I'm giving my printer a chance to rest, I think I saw smoke yesterday - it's never been used this much before!!!!!

Back to yesterday.......Kevin and I followed Neama to Mansfield where we looked at a house that Neama and Stephanie are hoping to buy. The home is in a great neighborhood, sits on a corner lot, has four bedrooms and three baths, a media room, a game room, and a nice kitchen; it could be a really great bargain if the bank is willing to sell the foreclosed property. We'll see what they say............Dinner at the Monajami's last night and we Skyped to Pittsburgh to wish Haideh a very happy birthday. Skype is really cool, unfortunately Kevin and I do not have a webcam.

Today's plan is simple: rest and relaxation. Neama, Steph, and Cameron are coming over after lunch so The Boys can work on jet-skis. I'm not sure what Steph and I will do, maybe "veg" out on the couch and watch Elmo movies with Little Britches (aka Cameron). I'm making dinner for everyone: grilled chicken and vegetable kabobs, baked beans, some type of potatoes, and some type of salad - maybe cole slaw.

Check out the new placesettings on the table too. I've had the placemats forever but I found a 'springy' tablecloth for super-cheap and the green salad plates at World Market for 70-cents apiece......can you say BARGAIN!?!?!?!



Getting ready for Springtime with the table setting!!!!

It's almost 9:00, Kevin is still in bed, and I'm seriously considering changing clothes and going to Walmart while the crazy people are still asleep! I just need a couple of things, and I might also go through the carwash. I don't remember my car's original color, it's filthy dirty right now!

I realize my life is not that exciting, but to the ones that do read this blog: THANK YOU! And please leave me comments, I love hearing from anyone that reads my posts.

1 comment:

  1. awww! look at that neat and beautiful stack of resumes! :) you are sure to find to find the perfect job with one of those. :) good luck!!

    ~Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete