Friday, February 12, 2010

Vancouver 2010

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

I don't know about you, but I love watching the Olympics! It doesn't matter whether summer or winter, I love the experience, the thrill, and especially the inspirational stories of athletes and their journey to the top of their sport. It's really amazing. Is there any better way to show pride in your country's spirit than to cheer for the best athletes? Of course not!!!

I missed the Opening Ceremonies for the Beijing Games in 2008, but I am definitely watching tonight's Opening Ceremony, especially since we have a 55-inch LCD HDTV!!!!

Athletes I'll be watching: Lindsey Vonn (alpine skier), Shaun White (snowboarder), Apolo Ohno (speed skater), and Chad Hedrick (speed skater). I loved watching Apolo Ohno on "Dancing With the Stars" and Chad Hedrick is a Texas boy. Kevin and I watched an amazing TV series with Shaun White. It was incredible to watch him train at a private half-pipe snowboarding facility in Colorado. The Rocky Mountains are so majestic. It's definitely a place on my "have to visit before I die" list!

And the "We Are The World" re-make is incredible, Celine Dion is always a favorite of mine, along with Jennifer Hudson - amazing vocals and incredibly blessed!!!


On a sad note: my thoughts and prayers go to the Olympic luger who was fatally injured during a training run in Vancourver. See the full story here, http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-features/news/newsid=412058.html#luger+seriously+hurt+crash?__source=msnhomepage>1=39003

No comments:

Post a Comment