Sunday, February 14, 2010

Charmin or no Charmin......that is the question


I will admit my incredible "spoiled-ness" when required, and this is one of those instances. I am partial to Charmin's ultra-soft toilet paper, very partial. I don't know about you, but I have strict requirements when it comes to sensitive areas such as this - no pun intended!!!

I went to Walmart this afternoon because the pantry was so bare you could see the shelf liners and bare walls......it has been more than two weeks since I bought groceries. I also realized I was low on toilet paper. When there are less than four rolls left, it's time to restock.

I know Charmin is a "premium" brand and I've honestly never given much thought about the price until Kevin and I tightened our budget and became more conscious of our spending. One package of 12 "mega" Charmin ultra-soft rolls is $13.98, or $1.17 each. Each mega roll is equivalent to four regular rolls.

Now to a disturbing realization, if I had driven another 10-15 minutes to Sam's Club, I could have purchased a package of 36 "big" rolls (equivalent to 72 regular rolls) for $17.38, or $0.48 each.

It's blistering cold, and extremely windy outside.......so I'll savor these mega rolls in the cabinet and head to Sam's next time. Only problem is, I hardly believe there's a chance in Tumbuktu that I'll walk into Sam's for toilet paper and leave with just one item. Yeah, freakin', right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so the days of my life continue, thankfully. Happy Valentine's Day everybody. Kevin and I are enjoying a quiet, peaceful evening together watching funny videos and Olympic events. We don't get into the commercial holiday though, I believe flowers are over-rated and it's pretty useless to get him a card because, well, "he just wasn't raised like that." I'll accept that reality and just know that he loves me very much.

Peace and love,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment