Thursday, February 4, 2010

You're HIRED!!!!


Drum roll please............I'm hired!

I'm overflowing with excitement.Starting this Monday, February 8, 2010 I am the eighth grade reading tutor at Hughes Middle School in Burleson. It's officially official! I signed the stack of paperwork with human resources earlier this afternoon and received my employee badge too. I will be tutoring eighth grade students who have scored low on previous TAKS tests in reading, or who are currently below-average in their language arts and reading classes.

Am I excited? Yes!
Am I overjoyed? Yes!
Am I thankful? YES!!!!!!!!

I know this position will include many challenges, but I'm confident that I will learn how to work with these students and we will have high expectations for each other. I'm learning right alongside them, it's going to be our journey together! We'll have approximately eight weeks to review previously learned reading skills and polish their test-taking strategies before the TAKS test begins in April. It's very important that these students perform well, moving on to high school rests on their performance.

I am also confident that this position will increase my probability of landing a full-time teaching position in a nearby school district, possibly even Burleson ISD. God is teaching me patience, so I must be patient. It's a lovely virtue.

1 comment: