Friday, March 19, 2010

Laundry - it never, ever, EVER ends!!!!! - a case of cow manure - and a sunny day in North Texas


Housework......it never, EVER ends!

I have sooo much I should be doing right now, but it's so peaceful and quiet and nice just to sit here and watch some March Madness basketball and hang out with my husband. The kitchen was a disaster this morning, beyond embarassing. I had to unload the dishwasher before I could re-load it with another full set of dirty dishes, handwashed pots and pans, and scrubbed the countertops. The dining room table is still not clear or set for tomorrow evening's dinner. 


Seriously, whose laundry/utility room looks this perfect? Definitely not mine! Our utility rooms looks like a war zone, a shoe store, a hardware store, and a clothing outlet. If you ever need anything, just look in that room. I've done two loads of laundry and have at least two more to go. Kevin roped last night while I was painting at the church and came home with lots of cow sh*t, I'll use manure instead. At one point in the night, Kevin's rope got the steer's two back feet and it's tail, which was covered in manure. When Kevin re-coiled his rope, he got covered in manure and it landed on his jeans and shirt. Later, when he had unsaddled Blue and was getting ready to come home, he went to change his boots and stepped in a nice pile of manure with his bare, sock-covered foot. Needless to say, I soaked his jeans before putting them in the washer and I gladly tossed the socks in the garbage!


It's the end of my Spring Break and Kevin had today off too. What a beautiful, sunny day. We slept in (which was very nice) and did some errand-running. We ate lunch at Firehouse Subs - mmm mmm good! - then went to Tractor Supply, Lowe's, feed store, and to the sub-courthouse to pay vehicle registration. Tomorrow is supposed to be a different story: highs in the mid-30s and a chance of snow. SERIOUSLY!!!! Texas weather should be considered a "World Wonder" because it can literally change from one extreme to another. Crazy stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, seriously, I don't think anyone's utility room looks like that and if it does, they have way too much free time. I'd send a maid over to clean your kitchen if I had one but unfortunately all I have is a yellow lab who will lick plates clean... not very helpful!!
    Hope you enjoyed your spring break, thanks again for the books :)

    ReplyDelete