Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Random Updates........shoveling a bunch of dirt, directory is nearly complete, a visit with Prego-Mama-to-Be Lindsey, more painting, and a quick visit with Cameron

This week is Spring Break and I have yet to 'break' from any activity - but that's how I like my life! Here's just a few updates on random parts of my life that I want to share with anyone who's listening:

Please pray for my friends Lindsey and Matt Williams, and their unborn daughter, Avery. Lindsey was put on strict bed rest orders from Dr. W after she started having continuous contractions. She's had multiple visits to the emergency room and NICU, but she's home and resting comfortably and keeping the stress down. To help with the situation and to keep her mind off the obvious, I took her a bag full of books for her to read in the next couple of weeks. However, she's breezed through the books she had so I might have to make a weekly book drive-by at the Williams' residence! Anything for them though, they are dear friends and I keep Lindsey, Matt, Avery, and their entire family in my prayers. I am excited to meet Miss Avery, but I do not want to meet her just yet - she needs to "cook" several more weeks!!!!

The church directory is nearly complete (hallejuah!) except for a couple adjustments to the roster of names and addresses. The First United Methodist Church of Joshua has suffered several deaths the past couple of weeks and there is another funeral this Friday. Unfortunately I did not know any of the people who have passed, but they were part of the FUMC-J family, so they're part of my family too. Hopefully the directory is on the road to its final production.

Speaking of church family, I've had a BLAST with Rev. L the past couple of days. We went to northeast Fort Worth on Saturday for two yards of dirt - if you don't know how much that is, it's a BUNCH!!!! - for her garden in the backyard. We had way too much dirt left, so we filled every flower pot we could find. At the end, we resorted to big coolers to store the dirt. Too funny. We were so sore at the beginning of this week, neither one of us could hardly move. All in good fun. This morning (Wednesday) I went to the church to help Rev. L begin painting her office. The space has an array of colors but the pale sage green she chose is perfect. I'm not sure of the exact color name, but I really like it. I never thought I would say this, but: I really enjoy painting - and my tape lines are awesome!!!!

When I left Lindsey's house I decided - since I was in the neighborhood - to drop by and see Stephanie and Cameron. Steph was busy painting the upstairs bedrooms. Neama and Steph have recently bought a new home and are preparing their current home to put on the market. My hat's off to Stephanie, she has a gift for home decor but when it comes to de-personalizing a space to sell, she's a professional! I hardly recognized the place when I walked in the door. Granted they are painting and hauling loads of stuff to storage, but they're working their tails off. Cameron was still at daycare when I got there, so I got into one of their vehicles with a carseat and went to get my Peanut, or Little Britches. I walked into the classroom and Cameron comes running at me with his hands raised, yelling, "Uncle Kebbie! Uncle Kebbie!" Ummm, no. Sorry it's just me, Aunt Co. That little stinker!!!!!

My body cannot get adjusted to the new time - we turned our clocks up an hour last weekend and I'm dragging. I started a couple more books this week too: "Little Bee" for an online book club I've joined and "Honeymoon With My Brother." Both are great books, completely different, but wonderful reads. I need to get my journal out, I haven't written - handwritten - anything in a long while. But I guess that's what this blog is for!!!!

Another day of painting at the church tomorrow. Peace and love to you.

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment