Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A semi-productive day

Studying for the TExES content exam is not going very well. My motivation level is non-existent and there's so many other things I'd rather be doing:

COOKING - I made tacos for Kevin, but I tried P.F. Chang's take-home menu frozen entree. The shrimp lo mein was good, but I added extra seasoning. The veggies were crunchy, the sauce was tasty, but the shrimp were on the small size. The packaging said two servings, but I ate the entire thing. I didn't eat lunch, so I was hungry!

SHOPPING - I realized over the weekend that the bag with my dirty clothes from mission trip was thrown away. No worries, I'll buy more t-shirts! Unfortunately, my favorite pants were in there. Those pants were awesome, known as my "paint pants" for the various shades of paint on them. I didn't do any clothes shopping today (eww, I don't want more clothes!), but I did go to Target and get really cute thank-you cards and invitations for the youth group. I get excited by the most ridiculous items!

STUDYING - Yes, I have been reading the study manual. It's difficult for me to study content areas that do not interest me. I truly, and honestly, do not have any desire to teach some of these subjects. This frustration is leading to my less-than-stellar study attempts. But this content exam is not optional, so I have to get serious about it and try my best. I love having a big front porch, great views, and a comfy lounge chair for my "study room" outside. Of course I'm getting some awkward tan lines. I noticed earlier that I left my flip-flops on and have the outline of the shoes on my feet.

There are other things I'd rather be doing too:
  • chase Cameron
  • visit Disneyland with Kim
  • cuddle Avery Lynn
  • pick veggies from Dad's garden
  • read "Committed" for Busy Woman's Book Club
  • watch Kevin rope
  • vacation in Colorado
While in Oklahoma City last week for mission trip, I saw the street sign above. It made me miss Kentucky even more. I'm looking forward to my trip "home" next month. Eight months is TOO LONG to be away from my family and loved ones. Kelby promised me a dinner at The Feedmill...and I'm going to make him keep that promise. I'm hoping our little brother, Kaleb, will join us. I miss my Tapp brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment