Saturday, November 20, 2010

Battles with the Porcelain God


Oh, what can occur in a span of 24-hours!

I left school yesterday afternoon feeling a bit queasy and sick to my stomach, but I had felt like that most of the day and just shrugged it off to travel jitters or "that time of the month" kind of thing. My plan was to stop in Emory at the in-laws for the night and get up really early this morning and begin the long drive to Kentucky.................my, oh my, how plans can change!

As soon as I arrived at the in-laws house, I run through the door and into the bathroom - where I stayed most of the night. There is nothing worse than a stomach bug. I absolutely HATE being that kind of sick. It's miserable, disgusting, and oh-so-unpleasant.

The unpleasantness got out of my system around 4:00 am and I was able to sleep through the morning and until 1:30 pm, when Kevin called to see where I was. Much to his surprise, and my dismay, I had to reply, "in bed at your parent's house!"

Good news: I'm feeling much better.

Bad news: I'm still 800 miles from Sebree, Kentucky.

Better news: I'm leaving EARLY in the morning and trying this road-trip thing again!


No comments:

Post a Comment