Monday, December 21, 2009

Peace and good cheer

I've done a very good deed today: shared the peace of Christ with my neighbors. I baked four dozen chocolate chip cookies and distributed them to the neighbors around our house. I also included a handwritten invitation to the Christmas Eve service this Thursday evening at church, I pray they will experience the love and peace of Christ, if they attend church or not. And if they do not attend church, I hope they will accept my invitation to attend First United Methodist Church of Joshua. Since the family moved into the new house we have had our issues and our relationship was very rocky, to say the least. They've insulted us, been extremely rude towards us, and even damaged the fence on our property. Needless to say, I've been praying A LOT for this relationship to be restored to a peaceful place.
"Live in peace with each other...be patient with everyone...always try to do what is good for each other and for all people." - 1 Thessalonians 5: 13-15
I pray for each of these families to have a wonderful, joyous, and peaceful Christmas holiday and blessed and happy new year. My prayer is that our relationships will be strengthened and perhaps we may even develop friendships. I come from a place where neighbors are as close as family, and I would love to have that at our home too. I can honestly say that I wish my neighbors would ask for a cup of sugar - I would give them two! As an ambassadors of Christ, I must love my neighbors as I love myself and God. I am reminded of God's commandment of love; and His Word says,
"Love is patient and kind...Love is not rude, is not selfish, and does not get upset with others...Love patiently accepts all things. It always trusts, always hopes, and always remains strong. Love never ends." - 1 Corinthians 13:13;4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment