Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bye, Miss H!!!!!

First priorities: I spoke to my Dad earlier today (for the first time since he left me a voicemail on Sunday) and we managed to have a conversation about Greg Tapp without getting too upset. He said the funeral service was beautiful, and I can only imagine - I really wanted to be there. Mom had her surgery this morning in Henderson and everything went well. She was in quite a bit of pain and very naucious this afternoon, but they gave her pain medication and it relieved some of the upset stomach. I pray she will rest tonight and have a much better day tomorrow. Thank you, Miss June and Neenie, for taking care of my Mom so Dad could be a pallbearer for Greg. My heart is so heavy, I want to be in KY so bad right now. (sigh)

OK....so today was my last day at South Hills Elementary in Fort Worth. It's hard to believe that six weeks has passed, but Mrs. Robertson had her baby (Joseph Woodrow, I love that name!!!) and Fort Worth ISD considers her healed, rested, and ready to return to work! So, my wonderful, mischievious, and often humorous 40 second graders said goodbye (adios!) to Miss H today. I promised them on the first day of this assignment that I would know each of their name's before I left...........and I kept to my word. When they left the classroom this afternoon for dismissal, I received a hug from each of them and I called them all by name. I'm going to miss the little rug-rats!!!!!!!!

I'm so appreciative of the entire South Hills staff, especially Mrs. Dilley for the opportunity to be a longterm substitute, Mrs. Robertson for being pregnant; and I'm indebted to Mrs. York for her patience and mentorship. I definitely would NOT have gotten those grades finished without her help!!! To the other teachers, especially Mrs. Rodriquez and Ms. Yaker: thanks for keeping it fun. I have to return soon for a visit, I miss them all already.

I'm off tomorrow and Friday.......I really want to get in my car and drive to KY but then I would have to turn around and immediately leave because I begin another substitute assignment at Academy Elementary in Burleson on Monday. Academy is without-a-doubt my favorite elementary school, perhaps the best campus I've ever worked at. I would love to get a full-time job teaching fourth or fifth grade there, but I'm applying ALL over the place. I'm willing to drive a bit further than I would prefer for the first year, because I must teach in a full-time, teacher of record, position before I get my permanent certificate from the State of Texas.

Trying to get my mind off of Kentucky, I want to finish the church directory tomorrow at church. Kevin is off on Friday, hopefully we can spend some time together and perhaps even hit some golf balls at the driving range. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment