Monday, March 1, 2010

What a great weekend: delicious food, great friends, and a visit from Mom

What's better than Mom spending a week in Texas with us? A Sunday afternoon with delicious food and great friends!

This past week has been wonderful with Mom visiting and yesterday we had a fun-filled Sunday. Mom and I went to church (great service Rev. L) and then home so I could fix a big lunch for everybody.

On the menu: hand-breaded chicken strips, BBQ brisket, green bean casserole, skillet corn, mac-n-cheese, cole slaw, and wheat rolls. My food is tasty, but everything tastes better with Sweet Tea!!! Of course I was so busy feeding my mouth that I forgot to take pictures of the "spread" that I prepared. I also forgot to take pictures of everyone. I did manage to snap a couple of pictures of the table and Cameron's new placemat with Elmo.


Kimberly, my roommate from TAMU-Commerce who now lives in Los Angeles, arrived at the house just in time to eat lunch. She's visiting Texas and graciously stopped at Ropin' H Ranch for the night. We solved all the problems of the world......Kim and I are a force to be reckoned with!!!!

It was awesome having a full house and all the bedrooms full. After we ate lunch, Cameron took his nap and he's so precious when he sleeps. Well, he's precious all the time, but you know what I mean!!!!
Rev. Lara also stopped by for some lunch. She finally got to meet everyone that I talked so much about!.

Overall, it was a great week - but it went by so fast. Kevin drove Mom to Dallas Love Field early this morning for her 9:30 flight to Nashville. Before I left for school, I saw Kim for a few minutes. She left for Paris to stay a couple of days with her family in northeast Texas. I'm hoping her next trip here will include her beau, Berke. I can't wait to meet the special man in her life!

Thank you, Lord, for my family and friends. I'm so blessed.

Peace and love,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment