Tuesday, July 13, 2010

SHOES...a girl's best friends?

I did something today that I normally would not ever do: buy not one, but TWO pairs of shoes. It is so out of character, especially since one pair has a two-inch heel. What's wrong with me?!?!

I have been hearing all about Sperry shoes for a while now. Heard they were super-comfy, which is always a selling point for me. But my disappointment was the price, I had only seen them in department stores for $100-plus. I have paid my fair share of excessive dollars on shoes (specifically ECCO golf shoes), but boat shoes? I caved. But hear me out...not only were they on sale, they were on clearance. A friend told me he paid $60 for his. Well, I paid a shiny $29.99 for mine!!!!!!!!!!! How sweet of a deal is that - $100 regular price and I pay $30 and some change. Sweet shoes of mine.


I wore them to the roping pen tonight to show off my snazzy, and cheap, new shoes. As for Kevin, he's not impressed. Unless they are Wolverine Dura-Shocks or Justin Chuckas, he doesn't give a flip. Literally.


My second purchase was a pair of black summer sandals, I think they are called wedges, with a two-inch heel. Go me - I'm really branching out here! I hope the Coastal Chicster approves, I was thinking about her the entire time I was trying on these shoes in hopes of wearing them with my potential "sheath" dress to E's wedding next month. People are going to wander about me, this is so not my usual style! So, Chicster, how did I do on this shopping adventure today? Do I have your blessing? Or did I make a fool of myself?

2 comments:

  1. They are sooooo cute! I LOVE them! I bet they're super comfy, huh? Not only are they wedges, but they're espadrilles. Very chic. :) I love the boat shoes, too! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! My super-cheap purchases pass the test and are approved by The Chicster. I admit, I had to Google "espadrilles." It sounds like a tasty dessert instead of chic footwear.

    ReplyDelete